in 1936 by George Ramsay and Alfie Lawrie as the Ramsay & Lawrie Garage.
The name was changed in 1938 to Winlinton Garage, which is taken from the names
of the houses across the road: Winton and Eglinton.
Alfie Lawrie left the partnership in the late 1940s to work for Prestwick Airport.
George Ramsay took ill in 1960, and Ronald J Ramsay left his job in Ardeer to
run the garage. Alan C Ramsay became a partner in the early 1980s.
Alice Lawrie (Alfie's sister) was the garage secretary until the 1980s.
garage was a Standard dealer before the war; in 1952 it became a Volkswagen
sub-agent, and in 1956 a Rootes agent.
garage went on fire in 1982 and was subsequently rebuilt.
of Imp Rally Cars